In the event that your Oculus Rift S’s light isn’t on (or it is, but the headset isn’t responsive) and the headset is plugged into the computer, but the software doesn’t see it, you probably want to get it back to work.
I have a hunch that this clean reinstall of Oculus Home can fix some other headset problems (like maybe your Oculus Quest can’t connect to your PC despite it having connected before)
This shouldn’t take you more than 10-15 minutes to do.
- Backup any necessary content.
You can find steps on how to do so by going here: https://support.oculus.com/190738628001661/#faq_190738628001661
Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
- Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
- C:Program Files
- Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
- Restart your computer in normal mode.
- Just restart your computer as normal
- Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool/ installer from Oculus: https://www.oculus.com/setup/ If you’ve purchased any games in the past two weeks, uninstalling with this method will prevent you from requesting automated refunds on those titles.
This should work. It worked for me twice already and probably will work more in the future, as my Oculus Rift has a tendency to “die”.
Basically what’s happening here is it looks like we’re removing most of the traces Oculus has on the computer, so there will be a clean install. So, your headset should work as a result.